Call now:
(416) 979-2127

Questions? Call us today. (416) 979-2127

Police Certificates

What is a police certificate and will I require one? In most cases, when you apply to become a permanent resident of Canada, you and your family members need to get a police certificate. These are required and must be submitted to IRCC. They may also be needed if you’re coming to Canada as a:

• tourist • student • temporary worker • caregiver

Police certificates are used so that IRCC can find out if you have a criminal record. They allow IRCC to make sure you’re not inadmissible to Canada.

A police certificate is a statement that you don’t have a criminal record or, if you have one, it is a a copy of your criminal record. It will help confirm if there are any reasons to conclude that you may be inadmissible to Canada. Police certificates are different in each country and territory. They may be called:

• police clearance certificates • good conduct certificates • judicial record extracts or • other names

If your certificate is in a language other than English or French, the police certificate must be accompanied by a translation from a certified translator.

Comments are closed.